totally confused regarding the colleges

bhasky1

Hi,

I'm presently on my H4 and seems like my H1 did not get pick.Now i'm looking forward to do Masters in any college in Virginia.As my Husband is contractor,I want to stay with my sister and do my masters.I really do not understand which college do i apply for.Every college i consider, has no proper accreditation says some or the other website.I do not have GRE and TOEFL score.I do not even mind writing TOEFL for getting into proper university.But,I want to join college by this August.Please suggest few colleges which might help my situation.My Husband is already facing VISA problems by not selecting a proper college.I do not want to get into the trouble again.

Hi,

I'm presently on my H4 and seems like my H1 did not get pick.Now i'm looking forward to do Masters in any college in Virginia.As my Husband is contractor,I want to stay with my sister and do my masters.I really do not understand which college do i apply for.Every college i consider, has no proper accreditation says some or the other website.I do not have GRE and TOEFL score.I do not even mind writing TOEFL for getting into proper university.But,I want to join college by this August.Please suggest few colleges which might help my situation.My Husband is already facing VISA problems by not selecting a proper college.I do not want to get into the trouble again.

Apply for a properly accredited, public or non-profit institution that requires GRE and TOEFL. Fall admissions are over in good universities. Do not waste your money by attending for-profit institutions as the degree from that university cannot be used to apply for a H1B under advanced degree quota.

Hi,

It is easy: Apply at a public university.

All such universities require GRE and TOEFL.

Universities have application deadlines, and the application window for Fall is long closed.

You will not be able to start by this August. You may be able to start in Winter quarter (January), if the university offers that. TOEFL and GRE tests are also done only every few months, and you have to register several months in advance.

Avoid all these shady non-accredited or for-profit institutions, or any institution that doesn't require GRE and TOEFL. These are worthless and you would just waste your money.

Hi,

I guess you are late for fall semester( aug). Getting an admission from any public university takes at least 3 months time, and if you add the entrance examinations preparation time etc will take you to upto 6 months.

If you start preparing now then you can get admission for spring semester( Dec ). Have you heard about GMU in VA??

I guess you are late for fall semester( aug). Getting an admission from any public university takes at least 3 months time, and if you add the entrance examinations preparation time etc will take you to upto 6 months.

If you start preparing now then you can get admission for spring semester( Dec ). Have you heard about GMU in VA??

GMU (George Mason University) is a pretty good university.

Archived