Travel to India with expired stamping

Suunil

1. I have a US business visa valid till 14th July 2014
  2. In 2012 I got an H1 visa (1 year stamping till oct 2013) & I travelled to US with my family.
  3. My company filed an extension & I (& my family) got extension for 3 yrs
  4. 2 months back I changed my employer & got my new I797 for 3 yrs

Now I need to travel to India next week.

Questions:-

1. Can i travel to India by British Airways? I read that since Visa is expired changeover of planes in Europe is not allowed. But I still have valid business visa
  2. While I travel back to India alone can my family stay back in US for 2 weeks that I travel? I go to India do my stamping & travel back to US after 2 weeks

1. I have a US business visa valid till 14th July 2014
  2. In 2012 I got an H1 visa (1 year stamping till oct 2013) & I travelled to US with my family.
  3. My company filed an extension & I (& my family) got extension for 3 yrs
  4. 2 months back I changed my employer & got my new I797 for 3 yrs

Now I need to travel to India next week.

Questions:-

1. Can i travel to India by British Airways? I read that since Visa is expired changeover of planes in Europe is not allowed. But I still have valid business visa
  2. While I travel back to India alone can my family stay back in US for 2 weeks that I travel? I go to India do my stamping & travel back to US after 2 weeks

1. If you travel before July 14th you can transit UK airside without a transit visa as you have a US visa that is valid.

2. Yes. But, how sure are you that you will get a stamping in 2 weeks? My suggestion would be is to make a plan just in case your visa stamping is delayed.

1. If you travel before July 14th you can transit UK airside without a transit visa as you have a US visa that is valid.

2. Yes. But, how sure are you that you will get a stamping in 2 weeks? My suggestion would be is to make a plan just in case your visa stamping is delayed.

Well, that is one reason I want my family to stay back. In case of visa issues they can at least sell all the stuff here , terminate lease & then return back -- thats the thought process.

Archived