Chances of H1B extension denial

nj29

Hi,

I came to US on July 31, 2013. My current I-94 and H1B expired on March 10,2014. I applied for H1B extension on Dec 30, 2013 but received an RFE on March 8, 2014. My office attorney replied to the RFE with client letter, Manager letter and SOW on May 16, 2014 as after receiving the RFE my client, project and location got changed from Boston to Houston. Now I have a couple of questions :

1) What are the chances that my extension can be denied? And can location and client change be the reason for that?

2) If all the extension gets denied, what are my options after that to stay in/come back to US?

Any help will be highly appreciated. Thanks.

1. If you are lucky then your H1 will be approved, if any RFE is raised then you are in trouble. File for amendment immediately after H1 approval

2. Find another employer with FT employment, forget consulting firms.

For point 1, can there be another RFE raised as we have already responded to previous RFE just now? Also can you please let me know what amendment needs to be filed after H1 approval? Thanks.

For point 1, can there be another RFE raised as we have already responded to previous RFE just now? Also can you please let me know what amendment needs to be filed after H1 approval? Thanks.

They might.

Work location details needs to be amended. Ask your employer for more information.

Archived