H1B Pending and SEVIS terminated

Joe123456

My Employer A filed for H1B in April 2014 and I was working on CPT.  I got RFE for Employee-employer relationship and they responded to it. The H1B is still pending (Premium Processing).

Recently, My University X has terminated my SEVIS because of   failure to maintain full course of study.  Now I have transferred my terminated SEVIS to University Y and University Y is planning to reinstatement my SEVIS.

My F1 Visa got expired on Nov, 2013. My I94 is valid till Nov 30,2014.

Problems:

1.       Which is the best way to regain legal student status?

a)       Request reinstatement to F-1 status

OR

1. Crossing over the Canadian or Mexican border to "refresh" their F-1 status.

2.       Does the SEVIS termination will affect my H1B process?

3.       If H1B is approved, Can I go back to India for H1 Stamping while the F-1 Reinstatement is still processing?

4.       What are the consequences of a denied Reinstatement Application? 

My Employer A filed for H1B in April 2014 and I was working on CPT.  I got RFE for Employee-employer relationship and they responded to it. The H1B is still pending (Premium Processing).

Recently, My University X has terminated my SEVIS because of   failure to maintain full course of study.  Now I have transferred my terminated SEVIS to University Y and University Y is planning to reinstatement my SEVIS.

My F1 Visa got expired on Nov, 2013. My I94 is valid till Nov 30,2014.

Problems:

1.       Which is the best way to regain legal student status?

a)       Request reinstatement to F-1 status

OR

1. Crossing over the Canadian or Mexican border to "refresh" their F-1 status.

2.       Does the SEVIS termination will affect my H1B process?

3.       If H1B is approved, Can I go back to India for H1 Stamping while the F-1 Reinstatement is still processing?

4.       What are the consequences of a denied Reinstatement Application? 

You abused CPT.

And this change to another university looks very fishy.

It is unlikely that you will get an H1.

Archived