May 22, successful H1 stamping at the Calgary Embassy

calgarymay

Hello All,

My experience in the Calgary was pretty seamless. It was on the 22nd of May at 8am and I got there around 7:45 after struggling to find a parking spot. There is a garge around 2 blocks before the embassy and is reasonably inexpensive ($2.50CAD). DO NOT TAKE YOUR CELL PHONES OR BACKPACKS to the embassy. I cannot stress this enough and this will add to an already stressful day. Anyway, these were the questions

1) Do you work at a client location?

2) Who is your client and what kind of work do you do for them?

3) Who pay's your paycheck and is it on time?

4) How often do you talk to your manager?

5) What is your highest level of eduction?

6) In what field? (I have my Masters from a top 10 school in the US in a related field)

These questions lasted for under a minute and she said that the visa was approved and should be ready for pickup from the LOOMIS location in a week.

It's the 23rd today and the status on CEAC says "Administrative Processing" for some bizarre reason. I'm hoping it switches to issued soon or I'm going to start freaking out :)

Regarding accomodation : I managed to find a pretty good deal in AirBnb which worked out to be much cheaper than comparable hotels. I rented a car as well and I will urge you all to do the same because Calgary is really not great in terms of public transport.

Cheers and hope this helps!

Hello All,

My experience in the Calgary was pretty seamless. It was on the 22nd of May at 8am and I got there around 7:45 after struggling to find a parking spot. There is a garge around 2 blocks before the embassy and is reasonably inexpensive ($2.50CAD). DO NOT TAKE YOUR CELL PHONES OR BACKPACKS to the embassy. I cannot stress this enough and this will add to an already stressful day. Anyway, these were the questions

1) Do you work at a client location?

2) Who is your client and what kind of work do you do for them?

3) Who pay's your paycheck and is it on time?

4) How often do you talk to your manager?

5) What is your highest level of eduction?

6) In what field? (I have my Masters from a top 10 school in the US in a related field)

These questions lasted for under a minute and she said that the visa was approved and should be ready for pickup from the LOOMIS location in a week.

It's the 23rd today and the status on CEAC says "Administrative Processing" for some bizarre reason. I'm hoping it switches to issued soon or I'm going to start freaking out :)

Regarding accomodation : I managed to find a pretty good deal in AirBnb which worked out to be much cheaper than comparable hotels. I rented a car as well and I will urge you all to do the same because Calgary is really not great in terms of public transport.

Cheers and hope this helps!

Congrats and thx for sharing the experience.

Just wanted to add to this

1) The only documents that were reviewed were I797 and ds160 and that was it. When the VO asked me for client related information, I was going to pull out the client letter and badge but she said none of these were required.

2) They held on to my I797 and should mail it backalong with the passport (at least that's what I'm hoping for).

3) Make sure your DS-160 photo is not more than 6 months old because if is, they will have you go get a new set of passport photos.

Thanks Dude very informative.

Heard you are not allowed to take car keys with you in the interview, how did you manage it ??

One person told me ask for a remote-less key from the rental guys, is that fine ??

Not sure the Odds of getting a remote less key thou .. : )

Archived