H1B RFE for Official Transcripts

cupid18

Hi,

My petition got picked up in the lottery and I received RFE on May 16, 2014.  I submitted unofficial transcripts along with my H1B petition and the RFE was for official transcripts of my advanced degree.  I have an unpaid tuition fee of around $8000 which is impossible for me to pay all of a sudden and cannot receive official transcripts until I clear my dues.  Is there any way to deal my situation? Your comments are appreciated on this.

Pls note that my OPT extension was approved based on my unofficial transcripts.

Regards,

Cupid18

Hi,

My petition got picked up in the lottery and I received RFE on May 16, 2014.  I submitted unofficial transcripts along with my H1B petition and the RFE was for official transcripts of my advanced degree.  I have an unpaid tuition fee of around $8000 which is impossible for me to pay all of a sudden and cannot receive official transcripts until I clear my dues.  Is there any way to deal my situation? Your comments are appreciated on this.

Regards,

Cupid18

You need official transcripts for H1 approval. That's the proof that you have completed your degree from that school.

You need to pay the tuition.

I already paying my past education loans and there is no chance of getting another loan or lend money from someone in a short period of time.  Will it be possible to satisfy the immigration officer if i submit any officially signed letters from the registrar from the school showing that I have completed my degree and also signed documents showing my course work?

I personally submitted a letter along with my OPT extension application stating that I do not have official transcripts because of my unpaid balance to the school and instead I'm submitting unofficial transcripts.  My OPT extension was approved without any issues.

Hi,

Regards,

Cupid18

I would suggest to take a loan / ask friends do something and pay that off.

• 2 months later...

Update on my case.  My petition is approved without submitting the official transcripts.  I wrote a personal letter to USCIS explaining them my financial situation and why I cant get my official transcripts.  I included my fee receipts and a letter from school stating that they will issue official transcripts once the fee is paid in full.  I also submitted documents supporting payment plan to clear off the past dues.

I urge some of you guys not to go beyond the actual questions asked by any person here.  Everyone here in the US are aware of the conditions here regarding finances and maintaining status.

If I have the money or if I would have borrowed money from someone, I would have not posted for help here.

I didnt pay my school fee and I'm not going home.

Archived