Travel to India on F1 after my H1 is approved

gupta_r

Hello Everyone,

I came to US on 2009 on my F1 and I did my master on X university. I did applied my H1 on 2013 and it got rejected. So, I enrolled to do my second masters and joined in 'Y' University and continuing my job as student using CPT. I applied my H1 and it got approved this year. Right now I need to travel India, my concern is I do have my F1 valid till July 1st. So, is it suggestible to travel to India and get back to US(Using 'Y' univ I 20) before my Visa expires as my F1 visa is valid. I am concerned that there might be some issues at port of entry to US.

Please suggest and let me know your thoughts.

Thanks,

Gupta

Hello Everyone,

I came to US on 2009 on my F1 and I did my master on X university. I did applied my H1 on 2013 and it got rejected. So, I enrolled to do my second masters and joined in 'Y' University and continuing my job as student using CPT. I applied my H1 and it got approved this year. Right now I need to travel India, my concern is I do have my F1 valid till July 1st. So, is it suggestible to travel to India and get back to US(Using 'Y' univ I 20) before my Visa expires as my F1 visa is valid. I am concerned that there might be some issues at port of entry to US.

Please suggest and let me know your thoughts.

Thanks,

Gupta

Yes, you can travel. But, if your CPT is illegal you need to worry.

Archived