L1 to H1 -> Help Needed URGENT!!!

raj.shah

Hi

I am in L1 with employer A, got my h1 approved from employer B. Now employer B comes up new contract and threatens that he will revoke H1 if i dont sign the contract. I have only receipt number and not i797.

1) Is it possible to transfer before October 1 to any new employer. 

2) What options do i have

3) What is the worst case scenario.

Please advice. 

Hi

I am in L1 with employer A, got my h1 approved from employer B. Now employer B comes up new contract and threatens that he will revoke H1 if i dont sign the contract. I have only receipt number and not i797.

1) Is it possible to transfer before October 1 to any new employer. 

2) What options do i have

3) What is the worst case scenario.

Please advice. 

1. If your H1B was approved then a new employer can file a cap exempt H1B petition anytime.

2. Find a good employer.

• 2 months later...

Hi rahul and jairichi 

I tried filing new petition with cos under cap exempt but it got into RFE and later denied. The RFE was issued questioning cap exempt. Recently it seems the regulation has changed that "one can file under cap exempt only if he/she used h1 status (i.e. after Oct 1st) or has H1B visa (if outside country)".

Hi rahul and jairichi 

I tried filing new petition with cos under cap exempt but it got into RFE and later denied. The RFE was issued questioning cap exempt. Recently it seems the regulation has changed that "one can file under cap exempt only if he/she used h1 status (i.e. after Oct 1st) or has H1B visa (if outside country)".

Talk to an attorney from Murthy law firm.

Archived