F2 VISA Rejected

kumarm.sql

Hi JoeF and experts,

Please advice.

My Short story:

I came to US on B1 and applied for F1 for pursuing Masters which got Approved and had I-797 Visa Approval letter with I-94 attached to it. 

presently i am attending class and my SEVIS is active status. 

Recently my wife went to F2 visa interview and got rejected due to this reason "VO said to her that your husband F1 Visa needs to be on passport and not by I-797 letter, which is not considered as visa. 

I am not planning to Exit and enter US for F1 visa stamp. 

Please let me know how to proceed further. 

1. My wife can reapply for F2 ? if yes , how to convince the VO officer ?   

2. IF second time F2 rejects ? Can she apply for F1 visa? what are chances of visa acceptency?

3. Can i go for stamping for my F1 visa , other than my home country ( eg :Jamika) ?  -- This is not in my plan.

Thanks in advance

Hi JoeF and experts,

Please advice.

My Short story:

I came to US on B1 and applied for F1 for pursuing Masters which got Approved and had I-797 Visa Approval letter with I-94 attached to it. 

presently i am attending class and my SEVIS is active status. 

Recently my wife went to F2 visa interview and got rejected due to this reason "VO said to her that your husband F1 Visa needs to be on passport and not by I-797 letter, which is not considered as visa. 

Please let me know how to proceed further. 

1. My wife can reapply for F2 ? if yes , how to convince the VO officer ?   

2. IF second time F2 rejects ? Can she apply for F1 visa? what are chances of visa acceptency?

3. Can i go for stamping for my F1 visa , other than my home country ( eg :Jamika) ?  -- This is not in my plan.

Thanks in advance

The only option for you is to exit and enter with a F1 visa as mentioned by VO during your spouse's F2 visa interview. It does not matter which US consulate you go as all consulates have the same set procedures.

You have already mentioned the reason for rejection.

Choice is yours, either get your F1 and your wife or simple concentrate on your studies.

Thanks for your valuable advises.

I got this below information from on of the blog for my reason. But i am not sure whether this option will work or not?

A letter from school that states they are aware your wife is applying for an F-2 visa must be faxed directly to selected embassy. They will not look at this letter if she carries it. Also, your plans to exit and reenter carries a risk and will not benefit either.  

Please advise.

Thanks a million in advance.

I got this below information from on of the blog for my reason. But i am not sure whether this option will work or not?

A letter from school that states they are aware your wife is applying for an F-2 visa must be faxed directly to selected embassy. They will not look at this letter if she carries it. Also, your plans to exit and reenter carries a risk and will not benefit either.  

Please advise.

But vo was asking for your F1 visa not a letter from the school.

If you are not convinced then contact an attorney.

Please advise.

US school to fax a letter to a consulate??? Do not expect that to happen and do not expect consulate to make their decision based on that letter at all.

Archived