Exploring CPT - Experience in IT

Hi,

I applied for H1B this year and I was not selected in the lottery. I am very new to this whole process. As I was looking for alternatives, I came to know about the CPT. I have engineering degree from India and have 6 years of work experience in India.

So I searched internet for some universities, and I contacted them and some have policies of CPT Program after completing 1 semester or 2 semesters. Then I came across university UNNJ, they say I can start CPT from day 1 and I wont have to attend the classes also. As I am not aware of the CPT concept I am not sure if this is legal. Need inputs on this, what should I do.

Also I am blurred about how it works after CPT is approved, I mean do I get to work in MNCs ?

Hi,

I applied for H1B this year and I was not selected in the lottery. I am very new to this whole process. As I was looking for alternatives, I came to know about the CPT. I have engineering degree from India and have 6 years of work experience in India.

So I searched internet for some universities, and I contacted them and some have policies of CPT Program after completing 1 semester or 2 semesters. Then I came across university UNNJ, they say I can start CPT from day 1 and I wont have to attend the classes also. As I am not aware of the CPT concept I am not sure if this is legal. Need inputs on this, what should I do.

Also I am blurred about how it works after CPT is approved, I mean do I get to work in MNCs ?

Do not plan to end your career in US by doing illegal CPT from day 1. If your intention is to work find an employer to file H1B next year.

CPT is part of F1 program. You can use CPT for internship but not for FT job, its for students not for employees.

And during the CPT you need to attend the classes in order to maintain your F1 status.

Any school that offers CPT from day 1 is almost illegal. Their is no course that needs CPT from day 1. Stay out of them.

BTW what's your current status?

Stay away from any institution that offers CPT from day one. They are pretty much all frauds. And class attendance is a MUST on F1. An institution that says it isn't necessary is clearly fraudulent.

It would kill your future career in the US forever.

CPT is a red flag nowadays, due to abuse by fraud "universities" like TVU.

This university was founded in 2012. Are you kidding me that you would waste you time and money with an institution with no track record and likely poorly qualified faculty in addition to a fraudulent CPT?

The "don't have to attend classes" is a sure sign that they are out for your money and you are in for a bad time with US immigration and employers. NO DECENT EMPLOYER WOULD HIRE YOU WITH A DEGREE FROM AN INSTITUTION WITH SO LITTLE REPUTATION.

Archived