Can i travel on F1 while my H1B is approved.

ankur.patel

Hi All,

I have my F1 visa valid till Feb,2015 and currently working on OPT.

I also applied for H1B this year and its been approved with start date of OCT 10, 2014.

I am planning to travel on F1 (opt extension) around Aug-Sep. Is it ok to travel in this situation where my H1B is been approved and traveling before the H1B start date.

Thanks for all your help.

Hi All,

I have my F1 visa valid till Feb,2015 and currently working on OPT.

I also applied for H1B this year and its been approved with start date of OCT 10, 2014.

I am planning to travel on F1 (opt extension) around Aug-Sep. Is it ok to travel in this situation where my H1B is been approved and traveling before the H1B start date.

Thanks for all your help.

Yes.

Hi,

Just want to make sure. My H1 is getting kicked in on OCT 10th, 2014. And i have F1 valid till Feb, 2015 & OPT too.

I a travelling on Aug8 and returning Sep 7. I can return to F1 visa? 

On my port of entry if they find out that my H1 is approved and starting from OCT 10. Would they give any problem ?

I also contacted DSO of my school, She say i can't travel on any I-20 once my H1 is approved. I am confuse.

Please guide me .

Thank you !!

Hi,

Just want to make sure. My H1 is getting kicked in on OCT 10th, 2014. And i have F1 valid till Feb, 2015 & OPT too.

I a travelling on Aug8 and returning Sep 7. I can return to F1 visa? 

On my port of entry if they find out that my H1 is approved and starting from OCT 10. Would they give any problem ?

I also contacted DSO of my school, She say i can't travel on any I-20 once my H1 is approved. I am confuse.

Please guide me .

Thank you !!

http://www.murthy.com/2013/04/08/h1b-transition-issues-international-travel/

Archived