On H4 , H1 picked in lottery but din't receive receipt no

divs2306

Hi,

I am in US on H4 and applied H1B 2015 . My Employer informed me that my case got selected in lottery 2 weeks back over phone but have not provided me receipt no since 2 weeks. When I call my employer doesnt pick and return calls. I dont know what to do. I dont know if my employer lying so that he dont have to return the H1B fees, he took from me as a security deposit. I am really worried.

Hi,

I am in US on H4 and applied H1B 2015 . My Employer informed me that my case got selected in lottery 2 weeks back over phone but have not provided me receipt no since 2 weeks. When I call my employer doesnt pick and return calls. I dont know what to do. I dont know if my employer lying so that he dont have to return the H1B fees, he took from me as a security deposit. I am really worried.

You deserve this dude. It's been told many times that you are not supposed to pay any kind of fee for H1 processing.

Why does an employer needs "security deposit" to file your H1??  Your money is gone.

You BOUGHT an H1B filing paying "security" fee! You should be worried about being denied for violating the rules of the program. Your spouse is on H1B so you should have known better but would do ANYTHING (even things illegal) to get to work in the US. Go home where you can BUY a job.

Hi,

Paying H1B fee is illegal. If you have proof of payment complain to USCIS.

I think we should relax while providing feedback. If we can't provide a fruitful solution to the query, lets not degrade the other person's approach which is of no utility. It's not like anyone of us have paid out of our pocket....

divs2306

I would suggest that you gather records of payment(s) that can be useful while filing for a complaint, like if you have any check details or bank account transfer to your employer... Collect all email communications as well if you have any.....

I would also suggest to meet the employer in person (It also depends on the amount of money you have paid and how far are you from the employer)

I think we should relax while providing feedback. If we can't provide a fruitful solution to the query, lets not degrade the other person's approach which is of no utility. It's not like anyone of us have paid out of our pocket....

Their are 100's of posts in this forum regarding the H1 fee payments. If people won't follow the rules then this is what happens.

Moreover OP is on H4, that means his/her spouse is on H1 and obviously knows that any kind of payment for H1 process is ILLEGAL.

It is really amazing that anybody a) still pays money for an H1, even though it has been known for YEARS that it is illegal, and b) that anybody still defends that practice.

When will people learn that this kind of stuff will just result in denials???

NEVER pay for an H1. NEVER! Period.

It is really amazing that anybody a) still pays money for an H1, even though it has been known for YEARS that it is illegal, and b) that anybody still defends that practice.

No body is trying to defend anyone....there might be 100's or thousand's of post regarding it, but people will still continue paying for H1b fees if the employer asks for it....  and no matter how much anyone of us expresses our aggravation through post's like this, it would not change the trend....

When will people learn that this kind of stuff will just result in denials???  Are u sure about it ??  there have been many approval cases.....

No body is trying to defend anyone....there might be 100's or thousand's of post regarding it, but people will still continue paying for H1b fees if the employer asks for it....  and no matter how much anyone of us expresses our aggravation through post's like this, it would not change the trend....

When will people learn that this kind of stuff will just result in denials???  Are u sure about it ??  there have been many approval cases.....

There may have been approvals in the past, but people who paid for their H1s nowadays get denials.

Only fraud companies ask for money for the H1. Are you really defending fraud companies?

The fraud companies AND the people who pay money for an H1 are responsible for the H1 restrictions, making H1s harder to get every year. Shame on the people who pay for an H1, and shame on people like you who defend that practice.

There may have been approvals in the past, but people who paid for their H1s nowadays get denials.

Only fraud companies ask for money for the H1. Are you really defending fraud companies?

The fraud companies AND the people who pay money for an H1 are responsible for the H1 restrictions, making H1s harder to get every year. Shame on the people who pay for an H1, and shame on people like you who defend that practice.

Like I said it earlier & clearly as you failed to comprehend it, let me reiterate it for you,I am not trying to defend anyone, any company or any practice. All that I tried to convey is that people like you should stop denigrating others seeking for suggestions/help & if you can't hold on to your horses, you should stop accessing posts.  

Like I said it earlier & clearly as you failed to comprehend it, let me reiterate it for you,I am not trying to defend anyone, any company or any practice. All that I tried to convey is that people like you should stop denigrating others seeking for suggestions/help & if you can't hold on to your horses, you should stop accessing posts.  

You claim that you "don't defend it", but in the next sentence, you actually do.

It  has been known FOR YEARS that paying for an H1 is illegal! People who pay for an H1 are the reason why it is getting harder and harder each year to get an H1.

It isn't rocket science! NEVER pay for an H1. NEVER!

And stop defending people who still haven't learned the lesson!

You claim that you "don't defend it", but in the next sentence, you actually do.

It  has been known FOR YEARS that paying for an H1 is illegal! People who pay for an H1 are the reason why it is getting harder and harder each year to get an H1.

It isn't rocket science! NEVER pay for an H1. NEVER!

And stop defending people who still haven't learned the lesson!

I have no idea what your first statement means. I have never defended this practice but does these applications always result in failure? (No & its a fact. Me defending it or not defending it or you writing millions of post's regarding it wont make a rat's difference). So STOP accusing me of defending this practice cause I NEVER EVER did it.

I have no idea what your first statement means.

Then I suggest you re-read your post.

You were essentially defending what the OP did. That is simply irresponsible behavior.

To reiterate: NEVER pay for an H1. Period. End of story.

Archived