Visitor visa for In laws

raj_2014

Hi,

If I plan to graduate in dec 2014 and i want my inlaws to visit me from august 2014 is it possible? or is it possible on the grounds that i need someone to take care of me.? or can atleast my parents come ? can they stay after december? how many months after dec can they stay?

Please advice.

Thanks.

Hi,

If I plan to graduate in dec 2014 and i want my inlaws to visit me from august 2014 is it possible? or is it possible on the grounds that i need someone to take care of me.? or can atleast my parents come ? can they stay after december? how many months after dec can they stay?

Please advice.

Thanks.

Yes, it is possible. They need to apply at an US consulate with their own credentials. You can send an invitation letter from your side along with the graduation ceremony invitation from your school. Duration of stay is based on date mentioned in I94.

If you NEED someone to take care of you, go home. That is not a valid reason for a visit visa as it would be working illegally.

If they are granted a visa and are allowed to enter, they may stay as long as authorized by the border officer. It may be 1 day up to 6 months.

Archived