H4 or F2 visa option

mayuresh79

Planning for F1 visa stamping (from H4 status). spouse in H1 status (NO 1-140) and not traveled in last 5yrs,  working as full time employee with large organisation. My daughter will also travel with me (she is in H4 status). My spouse will sponsor for education (mostly will show liquid cash for 2yrs of study ). spouse has only just over a year left on H1 status.

Now there is an option of H4 or F2 visa for my daughter.  any one in similar situation can you please share your experience which visa type is safe for daughter.  (we prefer F2).  

thanks in advance.

Planning for F1 visa stamping (from H4 status). spouse in H1 status (NO 1-140) and not traveled in last 5yrs,  working as full time employee with large organisation. My daughter will also travel with me (she is in H4 status). My spouse will sponsor for education (mostly will show liquid cash for 2yrs of study ). spouse has only just over a year left on H1 status.

Now there is an option of H4 or F2 visa for my daughter.  any one in similar situation can you please share your experience which visa type is safe for daughter.  (we prefer F2).  

thanks in advance.

If you do not have any means to support you and your daughter and depend on your spouse on H1B then your daughter's F2 application will be denied.

Thanks

are you saying chances of denial even if spouse provided an affidavit of support and shown 2yrs liquid cash for my F1 visa and F2 (daughter who is 4yrs old).  reason for F2 visa is that my spouse is in H1 status which can end before my study and also if he travels and got 221 during H1 interview or got delayed then what happens for daughters' status if she is in H4 status and in US with me?

I would like to keep my daughter's status tie with my F1 than spouse's H1?  can this be a reason which is real?

Thanks

are you saying chances of denial even if spouse provided an affidavit of support and shown 2yrs liquid cash for my F1 visa and F2 (daughter who is 4yrs old).  reason for F2 visa is that my spouse is in H1 status which can end before my study and also if he travels and got 221 during H1 interview or got delayed then what happens for daughters' status if she is in H4 status and in US with me?

I would like to keep my daughter's status tie with my F1 than spouse's H1?  can this be a reason which is real?

In my opinion it is tough to do so because a F2 is dependent on F1and not on H1B. Since you being on F1 is through the support from H1B how will you show that you can support F2? I am not sure how VO will see this. I might be wrong in my opinion. Wait for other members opinion or talk to an attorney.

Archived