Applying L2 EAD extension while H1b application is in process

arunuma

I am currently on L2 dependent visa with I94 date till Feb 2015 and working with EAD. My EAD expires in July 2014. I have applied for H1B visa this year and got selected in lottery. H1B case is in Initial review status.
I would like to continue my work and so would like to apply for my EAD extension. Will this EAD extension application affect the H1B process? If in the best case scenario, I get both EAD extension and H1B approved, Can I work with EAD till Sep 30th and start working with H1B from Oct 1st?

I am currently on L2 dependent visa with I94 date till Feb 2015 and working with EAD. My EAD expires in July 2014. I have applied for H1B visa this year and got selected in lottery. H1B case is in Initial review status.

I would like to continue my work and so would like to apply for my EAD extension. Will this EAD extension application affect the H1B process? If in the best case scenario, I get both EAD extension and H1B approved, Can I work with EAD till Sep 30th and start working with H1B from Oct 1st?

EAD renewal will not affect your H1B petition. With a renewed EAD you can work till Sept 30th.

Archived