Concurrent H1B, transfere from Current FT to New FT but keep previous job as PT.

Rab

Hi There,

I hope some one can clear my doubts regarding Concurrent H1B & answer following questions. 

Currently, my H1B is hold by Company: "A" and work for them Full time as Senior Lead Analyst. I have accepted new job offer as "Senior Systems Analyst" from Company: "B" who is willing to process my H1B.

But my current employer "A" want to keep me as part-time.

Just curiosity, should I inform my new employer "B" about this part-time arrangement? 

Does company "B" need to file H1B in specific format if i like to work for Company "A" as part-time?

How does Concurrent H1B works in this case?

Does Company "A" need to send any documents to USCIS to notify this change?

Thanks,

Rab

Hi There,

I hope some one can clear my doubts regarding Concurrent H1B & answer following questions. 

Currently, my H1B is hold by Company: "A" and work for them Full time as Senior Lead Analyst. I have accepted new job offer as "Senior Systems Analyst" from Company: "B" who is willing to process my H1B.

But my current employer "A" want to keep me as part-time.

Just curiosity, should I inform my new employer "B" about this part-time arrangement? 

Does company "B" need to file H1B in specific format if i like to work for Company "A" as part-time?

How does Concurrent H1B works in this case?

Does Company "A" need to send any documents to USCIS to notify this change?

Thanks,

Rab

I doubt that you can work full time for one employer and part time for another. If at all it is allowed then company A has to amend your H1B petition that your employment is part time. I believe even Company B has to be specific about this.

You absolutely should obtain permission from your new employer as many prohibit outside employment due to legal intellectual property issues.

The attorney filing for B should be informed of your situation. Attorney for A must file with your change to part-time worker.

Do you really think this is a good idea? A full time job can make demands on your time exceeding 40 hours per week.

You absolutely should obtain permission from your new employer as many prohibit outside employment due to legal intellectual property issues.

The attorney filing for B should be informed of your situation. Attorney for A must file with your change to part-time worker.

Do you really think this is a good idea? A full time job can make demands on your time exceeding 40 hours per week.

It will be after hours OR Weekends need to base work as a per Diem with Company A which I can do from home as well. Only reason, I am thinking to do is to help them out during transition period. And if this arrangement works out, it will be helpful for me and company A, both.

But other side, I don't want to put my status on jeopardy. As what you have mentioned, I need to inform Comp B lawyer and amend my H1B with Comp A then it will be difficult.

Any other way out of this or any other suggestions.

Thanks

It will be after hours OR Weekends need to base work as a per Diem with Company A which I can do from home as well. Only reason, I am thinking to do is to help them out during transition period. And if this arrangement works out, it will be helpful for me and company A, both.

But other side, I don't want to put my status on jeopardy. As what you have mentioned, I need to inform Comp B lawyer and amend my H1B with Comp A then it will be difficult.

Any other way out of this or any other suggestions.

Thanks

Try to do as t75 suggested. If not forget that option.

Archived