H1B RFE and a new offer - What should I do?

Rajagopal Ram

Hello,

Thanks for taking the time out to help me. Here is my situation:

-> I am currently on OPT and have about 60 days to go for the initial OPT to expire.

-> I am working for company A that has filed H1B (premium processing) for me. I got RFE and we are yet to reply.

-> Meanwhile I got an offer from company B ( better job in terms of the nature of work and my interests) and I want to take it up. I will have to start in another 30 days.

-> I asked company A to revoke application but they are saying it's not good for the company and as of now they are not too keen on doing it.

-> Also I guess there is a good chance the application gets approved.

-> One more thing is the category of jobs (the one in the h1b application of company A and the nature of job in company B are different)

So what should I do here. Please help me. Seems to be quite a tricky situation for me.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the reply Rahul.

Yes I am eligible for an OPT Extension.

I am planning to start working for company B on an OPT Transfer and then get the h1b transfered (if it is approved).

Do you see any issues here?

Thanks again.

Once your H1 is approved, file for transfer.There is nothing called OPT transfer.

Once your H1 is approved, file for transfer.There is nothing called OPT transfer.

Yup. That's what I'll do.

By OPT transfer i just meant that I'll start working for company B on OPT (and also apply for STEM extension) and later if h1b is approved will go ahead start the transfer process.

Thanks

Archived