H1B - 221G white slip - Can we use the same after expiry?

bravedjheart

Hi,

I got my H1 issued in US (Shifted from L1 to H1) and 221G was issued during India visit reentry stamping. (Happened in June 2012).

221G was for to submit the LCA again with the High salary. (Consulate said I am being paid with less salary :)).

My employer never responded for that Case. Instead I got my L1 done in 2013 and now I am in US.

Questions:

Can I use that H1 now and submit the required documents? (Do not want to wait for next year quota)

Can another employer support my H1?

is there any way to avoid 1 more year waiting period?

Thanks in advance,

DJ.

Hi,

I got my H1 issued in US (Shifted from L1 to H1) and 221G was issued during India visit reentry stamping. (Happened in June 2012).

221G was for to submit the LCA again with the High salary. (Consulate said I am being paid with less salary :)).

My employer never responded for that Case. Instead I got my L1 done in 2013 and now I am in US.

Questions:

Can I use that H1 now and submit the required documents? (Do not want to wait for next year quota)

Thanks in advance,

DJ.

An employer can file a cap exempt H1B petition anytime and you would get 6 years - time already spent on L1B in US.

Hi,

Questions:

Thanks in advance,

DJ.

You can change the employer and go to stamping without any issue.

Archived