H1 to H4 COS pending travel to India

Mrunalk

Hi,

My H1 to H4 status change is still in process (Filed on Jan 23)

I waited for 4 months but its still pending , I will be traveling to India on 1st June and back in July. I have few questions regarding visa status change. 

1. What if my H1 to H4 petition is in process, when I travel to India? Can I come back on previous H4 stamping (valid till March 2015)? Any problem at port of entry?

2. What if my H1 to H4 petition is denied before or during my India stay? 

Do I need to go for H4 stamping in India to return to USA on H4? (I already have h4 stamping on passport valid till March 2015)

3.If applying for new H4 at India is best option I can do that. I want to make sure is it possible to apply h4 in india when I already have valid stamping on my passport?

4.Do I see any change in uscis portal when process is abandoned?

Please reply asap. 

Hi,

My H1 to H4 status change is still in process (Filed on Jan 23)
I waited for 4 months but its still pending , I will be traveling to India on 1st June and back in July. I have few questions regarding visa status change. 

1. What if my H1 to H4 petition is in process, when I travel to India? Can I come back on previous H4 stamping (valid till March 2015)? Any problem at port of entry?

2. What if my H1 to H4 petition is denied before or during my India stay? 
Do I need to go for H4 stamping in India to return to USA on H4? (I already have h4 stamping on passport valid till March 2015)

3.If applying for new H4 at India is best option I can do that. I want to make sure is it possible to apply h4 in india when I already have valid stamping on my passport?

4.Do I see any change in uscis portal when process is abandoned?

Please reply asap. 

1. COS petition will be considered abandoned due to your travel. Yes, you can enter with your valid H4 visa and a copy of your spouse's I797.

2. No need for new stamping.

Archived