Help with NORI application in Chennai Passport office

pds_visa

Hi All,

First off, i want to thank all the contributors here for sharing the info on waiver. It has helped me a lot in my NORI/Waiver application preparation. 

I finished my post-doc on J-1 and returned to India in April, 2014. I am now preparing to apply for the waiver. So far, i have sent out the NORI pkg to MHRD and Tamil Nadu home department.

*** Is there anyone here who applied to Chennai passport office? If so, can you share any tips , process followed?

There appears to be a confusing new appointment scheme in place now. So, any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank You.

Hi,

Chennai Passport Office is a worst office in the whole country in handling the NORI. I had a very bad experience in this regard. I cannot share my experience here in this open forum. However you may email me at sde68@uclive.ac.nz to know more about it.

Thank you for your reply sde68. i have sent you an email to your ID. Appreciate your help.

If anyone else here has some more feedback, it would be greatly appreciated. 

Also, when i went to TN home department, they initially refused to give NORI as  i dont have current visa and its given only for those who are already in the US. I have explained issue, but not sure if they will give the NORI..Did anyone else have the same issue?

Archived