India Visa/Cancel passport

jason_485

I became US citizen last year Aug 2013.  Now  i have  india trip planned for June and i was reading that i need to cancel my indian passport before applying for Indian visa.   

Anyone know, i can do both at same time and i want to go in person as i live in DC area.

Its too confusing which website (bls or travvisa?), which form to fill up for this.   Any link, that explains to do

1. Cancel indian passport

2. Get indian visa

I will get PIO/OCIO may be after this trip, as it may take about 6 months to process.

I became US citizen last year Aug 2013.  Now  i have  india trip planned for June and i was reading that i need to cancel my indian passport before applying for Indian visa.   

Anyone know, i can do both at same time and i want to go in person as i live in DC area.

Its too confusing which website (bls or travvisa?), which form to fill up for this.   Any link, that explains to do

1. Cancel indian passport

2. Get indian visa

I will get PIO/OCIO may be after this trip, as it may take about 6 months to process.

Why don't you cancel your Indian passport (renunciation of citizenship) and apply for OCI card that allows you to travel without the need for an Indian visa?

Archived