F2 to F1 Visa Stamping in India

anilwagh27

My wife came to US on F2 visa. Then she got admitted and converted to F1 visa through USCIS. Now she already completed all the courses except the 1 research/thesis credit and currently working on the master paper research. Her student status is half time registered student for the Spring 2014. Regarding CPT, she already used 6 months of her CPT in the same field. She is planning to visit india in the Summer 2014.

My questions are

1) Is it safe to visit India for the stamping, since she is toward the end of her master degree?

2) At the time of admission, she didn't have the full funding. However, she got the funding immediately after the enrollement. What kind of financial documents are required for visa stamping?

Thank you for your time.

AW

My wife came to US on F2 visa. Then she got admitted and converted to F1 visa through USCIS. Now she already completed all the courses except the 1 research/thesis credit and currently working on the master paper research. Her student status is half time registered student for the Spring 2014. Regarding CPT, she already used 6 months of her CPT in the same field. She is planning to visit india in the Summer 2014.

My questions are

1) Is it safe to visit India for the stamping, since she is toward the end of her master degree?

2) At the time of admission, she didn't have the full funding. However, she got the funding immediately after the enrollement. What kind of financial documents are required for visa stamping?

Thank you for your time.

AW

CPT should be an integral part of curriculum and not just training in the same field. Hope that is the case for your spouse.

1. No one can predict that.

Archived