MS in a university which is a for profit organization

opttoh1b

Hi,

I am currently pursuing my masters in a college which is a for profit organization, I was told by some of my friends that MS in a for profit organization would not be eligible to apply for H1b in masters quota, is that true? please suggest if it would cause an issue while applying for H1b.

Appreciate your help

Hi,

I am currently pursuing my masters in a college which is a for profit organization, I was told by some of my friends that MS in a for profit organization would not be eligible to apply for H1b in masters quota, is that true? please suggest if it would cause an issue while applying for H1b.

Appreciate your help

Yes, that is true.

It is very well known that for an H1 in the Masters quota, the Masters degree has to be from an accredited, public or non-profit private university in the US. If you use a degree from a for-profit institution, the H1 will get denied. Plain and simple.

It is always a bad idea to enroll in a for-profit university. These universities are generally of low quality, since they only care about your money, not your education.

Find a public university in your area.

Hi,

Appreciate your help

Yes, you will not be eligible for master's quota. Only a master's degree from a accredited, non-profit or public university is eligible.

Hi,

Appreciate your help

Yes, that's true.  You cannot use that degree for H1 approval. Your degree should be from public university or non profit organization

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, How to know which private universities are profit organizations and non profit organization ?

Enroll in a public university.

Much  better education, cheaper, and you won't have problems with the H1 Masters quota.

The only acceptable private non-profit universities are top ones like Stanford or Harvard. If you qualify for them, you wouldn't have any problems, either.

A good private university will offer many majors and have many more full time faculty than they have part time faculty; the faculty will not have undergraduate degrees predominately from one foreign country or part of the world . They will have sports teams and offer many extra-curricular activities. They will have dormitories or apartments for students on campus. They will NOT use fee based "counselors" representing many universities to solicit international students.

If they are in IT, they will have curricula following the Joint Computing Curricula format. They will not give credit for life experiences.

Archived