Travel on h4 when h1b is in process

singh180

Need your suggestions.

I am in USA on h1b , my wife's employer has  filed her H1B in FY14 cap and it is selected in lottery. I am planning to bring my wife with me on H4 in August  for 2 months. My questions are:

1)If she travels to USA in and out on H4  while her H1B is under process or it is approved , would it cause any problem to her H1B processing?

2)Is it safe to apply H4 wher H1B is under process? Will h1b be impacted if h4 is applied ?

3) Once her H1b is approved she has to go back to India for stamping again ? or she can start working from oct 2014 without going back to india ?

4) Change of staus needs to filed ?

Need your suggestions.

I am in USA on h1b , my wife's employer has  filed her H1B in FY14 cap and it is selected in lottery. I am planning to bring my wife with me on H4 in August  for 2 months. My questions are:

1)If she travels to USA in and out on H4  while her H1B is under process or it is approved , would it cause any problem to her H1B processing?

2)Is it safe to apply H4 wher H1B is under process? Will h1b be impacted if h4 is applied ?

3) Once her H1b is approved she has to go back to India for stamping again ? or she can start working from oct 2014 without going back to india ?

4) Change of staus needs to filed ?

1. No

2. No impact.

3. She has to get H1B visa.

4. Only employer can file COS and only employer has to pay H1B fee again. No employer would spend twice for a H1B petition.

Archived