Traffic tickets

In N400, there is a question - Have you ever been arrested, cited by a police officer ?

There are columns to fill the details about the date and what happened and so on.

In the guide it states that any fine less then $500 need not be documented. 

The million dollars question is for most is to what to write there ?. Say yes or no if the fines are lesser than $500 ?

Some say, write yes and some say no and tell the officer at the interview about the tickets.

This is so confusing for many, can someone tell us what is the best approach ?

Thanks

Write No if fine is less than $500.  I had mentioned No and during my interview the officer brought up traffic tickets. I told him all that I could remember and he wrote them down on the N 400 using a pen. I asked if I should have mentioned Yes and provided info. He said No, I did the right thing and that they usually ask during the interview. 

Write No if fine is less than $500.  I had mentioned No and during my interview the officer brought up traffic tickets. I told him all that I could remember and he wrote them down on the N 400 using a pen. I asked if I should have mentioned Yes and provided info. He said No, I did the right thing and that they usually ask during the interview. 

That is wrong.

The OP has to write Yes, and has to mention that the fine was less than $500.

There is no downside to it.

They don't really care about "normal" speeding tickets, they care about things like DUI. But all tickets have to be mentioned. You could get a stickler for the law who gives you trouble if you don't list all tickets.

Don't risk the application for such a simple thing.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived