H1b pending. Another h1?

tadi18

My wife is currently on h4 and we have applied for h1b last year. We had two RFE's and still decision pending. Recently, she got a full time opportunity with another company and accepted the offer. Their immigration team is yet to reach out to her for h1 petition. I had a question to this group, can this company use the receipt number of pending h1 and apply a new petition? Once approved, can she start working immediately?

My wife is currently on h4 and we have applied for h1b last year. We had two RFE's and still decision pending. Recently, she got a full time opportunity with another company and accepted the offer. Their immigration team is yet to reach out to her for h1 petition. I had a question to this group, can this company use the receipt number of pending h1 and apply a new petition? Once approved, can she start working immediately?

If the pending H1B petition is her first cap subject H1B petition then she needs to get it approved before another employer can file a cap exempt H1B petition (H1B transfer)

No that's not possible. New employer either has to file new H1 on April 1st or file for H1 transfer after the initial H1 is approved.

I have been reading through and found this content. Please read the section "eligible CAP petitions". It states that pending petitions are eligible. Does this mean the new employer can now file another h1?

http://www.uscis.gov/working-united-states/temporary-workers/h-1b-specialty-occupations-and-fashion-models/h-1b-fiscal-year-fy-2015-cap-season

No.That sentence just gives a definition what "Cap eligible petitions" are.

It has nothing to do with your wife's situation. Unless she has an APPROVED petition, a new employer can NOT file anything. Period.

I have been reading through and found this content. Please read the section "eligible CAP petitions". It states that pending petitions are eligible. Does this mean the new employer can now file another h1?

http://www.uscis.gov/working-united-states/temporary-workers/h-1b-specialty-occupations-and-fashion-models/h-1b-fiscal-year-fy-2015-cap-season

To move to a new employer your cap subject H1B petition has to be approved.

Archived