Life science MS now working IT visa question ?

WizardOfOz

Hi, 

I did my BS in Computers & Chem as majors then did MSc in Chemistry in India; then pursued PSM in Biotech from USA; currently I am working in IT from past 4yrs and past 3yrs as a FTE for a prime vendor who is directly implementing project at client side who holds my H1, I am planning to go for my first H1 Stamp visa ; after 8yrs entering USA and this is my second term of H1 ? will there be any issue for not going to India all this years ? Will there be any question from V.O like why did I shifted my working career from my MS ?

Most of the questions I hear and read from people saying  that V.O questioned is your'e current job same is related to MS field ?. If he asks the same can I answer that " I did have BS in Computers ? or is there any better way to defend myself.

Some, also say there may be a query since I have life science and Chemistry background ? is it true??

Please throw some light !!

Thanks in advance.

Most of the questions I hear and read from people saying  that V.O questioned is your'e current job same is related to MS field ?. If he asks the same can I answer that " I did have BS in Computers ? or is there any better way to defend myself.

Better way to defend yourself is to tell the truth.

Hi, 

I did my BS in Computers & Chem as majors then did MSc in Chemistry in India; then pursued PSM in Biotech from USA; currently I am working in IT from past 4yrs and past 3yrs as a FTE for a prime vendor who is directly implementing project at client side who holds my H1, I am planning to go for my first H1 Stamp visa ; after 8yrs entering USA and this is my second term of H1 ? will there be any issue for not going to India all this years ? Will there be any question from V.O like why did I shifted my working career from my MS ?

Some, also say there may be a query since I have life science and Chemistry background ? is it true??

Please throw some light !!

Thanks in advance.

You will be asked questions about your educational background and how is it related to your IT job. Be prepared for it and answer the truth and justify your role and its relation to your education.

Archived