Federal Client - Employer Employee Relationship

Pittguy28

Hello All,

My name is Kamaraj; I have a question to all because I think most of us are in same boat:

I have recently applied for H1B extension and got RFE for employer and employee relationship proof. To prove it I have included few docs saying that I have been reporting my work every week to my employer. Now my question is that I am not really sure about the contracts between my Client>Vendor>Employer on sharing confidential/client information; If my client HR comes to know about this, will that be a problem. Will now or in future if Client HR comes to know about this will I or my employer be in trouble?

I am not worried about submitting the agreements between employer>vendor>client. I am worried about the documents that we are submitting to USCIS as a proof for EER; To prove that our employer has command on the project and us, we are showing that we report to employer every week. You are telling USCIS that you are sharing all our clients data with employer who might/might not have previlages to have client work. If client comes to know that you (contractor) are sharing their project info with your employer, they might file a case against you and ur employer.

On the contrary to the previous post here, I don't think the client will get that frustrated unless you are working on some really high clearance project or if your sharing business critical information that may result in financial loss to the client. Also, the client usually understands whats goin on....cos the vendors etc will help them understand.... lite boss....

Also, if your client really tries to confront you on the same you may explain how the "nature" or "content" of these progress updates differ from what they are thinking.

For example you might be working on the logic behind adding 2+2 and sending results to x number of confidential client dbs... however you send a very high level update to your employer saying "performed 1 addition and sleeping the rest of the time". Content of the updates cannot be controlled by client, employer or manager.

Archived