Employer did not pay after resignation

debdeepb34

Hi,

After I have resigned at my employers place he has stopped my payments, what are the steps to be taken? I have due of over 15,000 dollars in gross.

If I go to court I know its a clear win for me, but I do not have enough bank balance for hiring a lawyer.

If I approach a lawyer will I have to pay upfront or can I pay once I get the money? Can anybody point me to a good lawyer who can push his fees on my employer instead of me after we win?

My employer was based out of New York, I was working at North Carolina. I am now relocation to Boston for new Employer. Which court should I choose?

Please advice.

Hi,

After I have resigned at my employers place he has stopped my payments, what are the steps to be taken? I have due of over 15,000 dollars in gross.

If I go to court I know its a clear win for me, but I do not have enough bank balance for hiring a lawyer.

If I approach a lawyer will I have to pay upfront or can I pay once I get the money? Can anybody point me to a good lawyer who can push his fees on my employer instead of me after we win?

My employer was based out of New York, I was working at North Carolina. I am now relocation to Boston for new Employer. Which court should I choose?

Please advice.

File a complaint with DOL against employer. This will get your salary without the hassle of hiring an attorney.

Hi,

Please advice.

Just file a complaint against that FRAUD employer. No need of hiring attorney for now.

File a complaint with DOL against employer. This will get your salary without the hassle of hiring an attorney.

Do you know of any one instance where DOL has succeeded in resolving this type of issue. I called DOL and they took a complaint, however said it will take 2-3 months to investigate. So I haveto wait that longto get my dues?

Do you know of any one instance where DOL has succeeded in resolving this type of issue. I called DOL and they took a complaint, however said it will take 2-3 months to investigate. So I haveto wait that longto get my dues?

There are many instances of getting the salary if you go through DOL. Yes, you need to wait.

There are quite a number of posts here from people who filed WH4 and were successful.

It takes time, of course, because DOL has to investigate, and in some areas of the country, e.g., NJ, there are a lot of such complaints, so they may have a backlog.

Archived