COS from H4 to F1 and H4 expiring in 5 months

workholic

Hi All,

I recently got admitted for MS Program (STEM program)- Spring 2014 on H4 visa.

I joined in April 2014 and finished one month in college and wanted to apply for COS to F1.

My Current H4 expires in September,2014.

1. I have all my documents ready and my international advisor in school asks me to apply for renewal of h4 first and then for F1visa.

Can we apply like that ? ( Because if both visas get approved, one will definitely be cancelled and that can be F1 )

2.If I don't apply for renewal of H4 and apply for F1 any harm in doing that?

Back ground : I came to us on H4 and got H1b. Worked here for couple of months and went back to H4(stamping issues ). I never went  for stamping as my client didn't approve leave.

I left the job, revoked H1b and within a week I flew to India and came on my previous H4 stamp and now I was on H4 for one full year and applied for masters.

Looking for some right advise.

Thank you !

Hi All,

I recently got admitted for MS Program (STEM program)- Spring 2014 on H4 visa.

I joined in April 2014 and finished one month in college and wanted to apply for COS to F1.

My Current H4 expires in September,2014.

1. I have all my documents ready and my international advisor in school asks me to apply for renewal of h4 first and then for F1visa.

Can we apply like that ? ( Because if both visas get approved, one will definitely be cancelled and that can be F1 )

2.If I don't apply for renewal of H4 and apply for F1 any harm in doing that?

Back ground : I came to us on H4 and got H1b. Worked here for couple of months and went back to H4(stamping issues ). I never went  for stamping as my client didn't approve leave.

I left the job, revoked H1b and within a week I flew to India and came on my previous H4 stamp and now I was on H4 for one full year and applied for masters.

Looking for some right advise.

Thank you !

Both extension of status (H4) and change of status (H4 to F1) will almost take the same amount of time (3 to 4 months plus) for approval. In my opinion file only COS petition.

Archived