I 94 Date not matching with I-797

Ash_123

Hi Experts,

My visa is stamped with employer A with validity till Oct, 14. I moved to employer B and received new petition approved till 2016. 

Now recently I traveled to India and returned my I 94 while leaving. While returning back the immigration officer just asked for my passport and not the new petition approval.

Now my I-94 (I generated online) is showing date as Oct, 2014 however I already have approved I-797 petition till 2016.

Please suggest:

1. Do I need to apply again for extension of I-797 and I-94 with USCIS.

2. Or the date on my I-94 can be fixed by CBP officer at PoE.

Would appreciate a quick response.

Thanks

Hi Experts,

My visa is stamped with employer A with validity till Oct, 14. I moved to employer B and received new petition approved till 2016. 

Now recently I traveled to India and returned my I 94 while leaving. While returning back the immigration officer just asked for my passport and not the new petition approval.

Now my I-94 (I generated online) is showing date as Oct, 2014 however I already have approved I-797 petition till 2016.

Please suggest:

1. Do I need to apply again for extension of I-797 and I-94 with USCIS.

2. Or the date on my I-94 can be fixed by CBP officer at PoE.

Would appreciate a quick response.

Thanks

When does your passport expire? Try contacting local CBP office. If it does not work then just exit and enter US (just cross border) with valid H1B visa and new I797.

• 1 month later...

Hi Ash_123,

What happened finally? Did you get the I94 sorted out? I seem to have the same mistake. when I entered us they don't have  paper I94, I specifically asked the immigration officer at airport that I can stay till my new I797 date and he said yes. But still I see that my I94 date hasn't been updated when I check online.

Also what was the process of visiting the cbp like? Does it take a long time? Do they ask for any documents?

Thanks,

Archived