L1 to H4

Praphul

HI ,

Following is the situation --

I have been on L1 visa for past 5 Years. Since, I cannot stay for more than 5 years on L1B, I am physically out of USA currently (since Oct-2013). But my spouse is still in USA on H1 Visa.

I intend to stay out of USA for 1 year (from Oct-2013 to Oct-2014) so that the counter resets & I am eligible for another L1B.

So, my query is that in this one year period (Oct-2013 to Oct-2014), can I visit my spouse in USA on H4 Visa for short duration without impacting this 1 year period OR will the counter again start once I visit my spouse on H4 during this period.

Can you please clarify....

Thanks in advance...

Regards

HI ,

Following is the situation --

I have been on L1 visa for past 5 Years. Since, I cannot stay for more than 5 years on L1B, I am physically out of USA currently (since Oct-2013). But my spouse is still in USA on H1 Visa.

I intend to stay out of USA for 1 year (from Oct-2013 to Oct-2014) so that the counter resets & I am eligible for another L1B.

So, my query is that in this one year period (Oct-2013 to Oct-2014), can I visit my spouse in USA on H4 Visa for short duration without impacting this 1 year period OR will the counter again start once I visit my spouse on H4 during this period.

Can you please clarify....

Thanks in advance...

Regards

Better avoid it.

Archived