Traveling on H1

sneharaop

My H1b for 2015 is approved (starts Oct 1st, 2014) and I was wondering if it would be OK for travel to India in the mean time (before Oct 1st). I am currently on F1. What documents, if any, are needed for my travel?

Please let me know.

Yes, you can travel after H1B approval. You would need a copy of I129 and original I797 to apply for a H1B visa at US consulate.

Hi all,

I am on H4 visa. My employer said I got selected in the lottery. Its in regular processing. 

So.. I've a question.. I'll be travelling to India by this month end and will be back in July.

Can I travel to India? Or wil there be any effect on my H1 if it gets approved?

Please do reply.

Thanks,

GVK! 

Hi all,

I am on H4 visa. My employer said I got selected in the lottery. Its in regular processing. 

So.. I've a question.. I'll be travelling to India by this month end and will be back in July.

Please do reply.

Thanks,

GVK! 

Yea, you are good to go.

Hi all,

Please do reply.

Thanks,

GVK! 

Avoid travel. If it is approved during your travel to India then the COS part is abandoned. You would need a H1B visa stamped in your passport to start working from Oct 1st.

Hi, I am planning to go to India from May 15  - June 10. My OPT expires on July 10. I applied for H1 this year, and my case is in RFE status right now. Will it be a problem to travel outside US during the above time period. Please advice.

If you travel before H1B approval then your COS part of H1B petition is considered abandoned. To move to H1B status from 1st Oct you would need to exit and enter with a H1B visa.

Archived