H1B FY15 not selected in lottery - Does USCIS have a record

rosemary

I had applied for H1B FY15 but was not lucky enough to be selected in lottery. My query is does USCIS have this in record against my SSN that I had applied for H1B.

If I apply for H1B next year do I have to mention that I had applied for the same in past.

Thanks,

- Rosemary

I had applied for H1B FY15 but was not lucky enough to be selected in lottery. My query is does USCIS have this in record against my SSN that I had applied for H1B.

If I apply for H1B next year do I have to mention that I had applied for the same in past.

Thanks,

- Rosemary

No. In what way it would matter to you?

No. In what way it would matter to you?

Not really, just want to make sure that I mention the actual facts in the next application. So, as per you if the H1b application is not selected in lottery, it's as good as the case that I have not applied for it.

• 5 weeks later...

Hi,

My H1B application did not get selected this year in the lotterey. I am applying for STEM extension now. What are the options available to me if same thing happens to my H1B application next year too?

The only option is to go back home and start your career there. Later if you get a chance to move your career to US then do so.

Hi,

My H1B application did not get selected this year in the lotterey. I am applying for STEM extension now. What are the options available to me if same thing happens to my H1B application next year too?

If that happens, you would have to leave the country.

Archived