Visitor Visa to USA

Android

Hi,

I want to sponsor visitor visa to USA for my Mother (who is widow), my brother (Married, 28 years) and sister -in law. For purpose of tourism and visiting me 

for 1 month. 

I am on H1B visa and married. 

Could you please advice me on below points- Thanks a lot!!

1) Should they apply together or my mother should apply for her visa first. 

(I have heard that it is difficult to get visa for young people. So should I even try for applying visa for my brother and sister-in-law? I will be 

sponsoring them, since income is not good so he cannot sponsor himself.)

2) Will it affect possibility of my mother getting visa in case they apply together? 

3) Or My mother only should apply for visa?

Could you please provide some pointers? It will be really helpful. Thank you!!

I want to sponsor visitor visa to USA for my Mother (who is widow), my brother (Married, 28 years) and sister -in law. For purpose of tourism and visiting me 

for 1 month. 
I am on H1B visa and married.

Their is not sponsorship for visiting visa. Non immigrant cannot sponsor ANY type of US VISA.

Moreover visiting visa is for visiting US not for visiting non immigrant relatives.

1) Should they apply together or my mother should apply for her visa first. 

(I have heard that it is difficult to get visa for young people. So should I even try for applying visa for my brother and sister-in-law? I will be 

sponsoring them, since income is not good so he cannot sponsor himself.)

2) Will it affect possibility of my mother getting visa in case they apply together? 

3) Or My mother only should apply for visa?

Could you please provide some pointers? It will be really helpful. Thank you!!

1. Again, their is nothing called sponsorship for visiting visa. If a person cannot sponsor himself then he/she is dependent on you. That leads to rejection

2. No it won't.

During the interview they have to convince vo that they will come back after the trip.

Thanks for the replies. By Sponsoring I meant - I will be paying for and responsible for all expenses.

I have read on ******* and ******** sites for - 'USA Visitor Visa Sponsor Documents' 

So are they for any different kind of visa type? They have H1B approval notice in their documents list, So these must be for H1B visa holder also. 

Could you please clarify this confusion? Thanks a lot!!

Thanks for the replies. By Sponsoring I meant - I will be paying for and responsible for all expenses.

I have read on ******* and ******** sites for - 'USA Visitor Visa Sponsor Documents' 

So are they for any different kind of visa type? They have H1B approval notice in their documents list, So these must be for H1B visa holder also. 

Could you please clarify this confusion? Thanks a lot!!

Let's assume that you are visiting Europe for vacation. So obviously it's your responsibility for paying your bills and expenses because that's your trip. Same goes with US visiting visa.

vo might ask your H1 document because he wants to make sure that applicant's relatives didn't break any immigration law previously.

• 3 weeks later...

there seems to be a confusion about the term 'sponsor'..

the OP might be talking about I134 for his family..affidavit of support, not visa sponsorship but finacial sponsorship,

it is not mandatory if the family in india is welathy..but most indian families need it from the person in USA..

purpose of I 134 from CIS website "To show that visa applicants have sponsorship and will not become public charges while in the United States. The sponsor must file a separate affidavit for each applicant"..

the OP might be talking about I134 for his family..affidavit of support, not visa sponsorship but finacial sponsorship,

it is not mandatory if the family in india is welathy..but most indian families need it from the person in USA..

purpose of I 134 from CIS website "To show that visa applicants have sponsorship and will not become public charges while in the United States. The sponsor must file a separate affidavit for each applicant"..

An I-134 is not needed, in particular since courts have held that an I-134 is not enforceable.

I have read opinions that 134 is unenforceable and worthless.    I am yet to see a Visitor Visa applicant who was asked about 134 by a VO

I have read opinions that 134 is unenforceable and worthless.    I am yet to see a Visitor Visa applicant who was asked about 134 by a VO

Not just opinions. Courts have ruled that an I-134 is not enforceable.

Archived