H4 stamping after H1b approval-URGENT HELP

queryh4

Hi,

I am currently on H4 visa that is valid till Oct 2014 however my passport is stamped only till October 2013. My H1b (and COS) got approved and it starts from Oct 2014

I need to travel to India in the month of May 2014.  

1. If I travel to India on H4, will there be any issues for H4 stamping because of the approved H1? 

2. If I return in Aug 2014, before COS takes effect in Oct 2014, will my H1b remain valid for working? Do I need to apply for COS again once I am back?

3. What happens to I94 , since I have to return the I 94 that I used while using H1b

Please respond at the earliest since travel is in 1 week.

Thanks

1. If I travel to India on H4, will there be any issues for H4 stamping because of the approved H1? 

2. If I return in Aug 2014, before COS takes effect in Oct 2014, will my H1b remain valid for working? Do I need to apply for COS again once I am back?

3. What happens to I94 , since I have to return the I 94 that I used while using H1b

1. No problem.

2. You need to file for COS again

3. Nothing.

1. No problem.

2. You need to file for COS again

3. Nothing.

Thanks a lot..

One more query

1. I am confused about COS Because I am not applying for new H4 visa but just getting my existing visa stamped.

Does stamping change my status or stepping out of US and coming back will change my status?

Please give your inputs.

Thanks.

Thanks a lot..

One more query

1. I am confused about COS Because I am not applying for new H4 visa but just getting my existing visa stamped.

Does stamping change my status or stepping out of US and coming back will change my status?

After you enter into US on H4 you need to file COS to H1 to work on H1. Because you will be on H4 at that time.

Thank You. !!

I thought COS should be applied when we travel outside US when H1b is pending.

In my case , though I travel outside US after approval of H1B I need to apply for COS.

Am I correct?

Thanks for your patience in answering the queries.

Thank You. !!

In my case , though I travel outside US after approval of H1B I need to apply for COS.

Am I correct?

You will file COS if you have entered into US on H4 and want to work on H1  from Oct 1st.

Thank You. !!

Am I correct?

If your cap subject H1B petition with COS from H4 to H1B gets approved before your travel outside US then you can enter US on a H4 visa before Oct 1st and automatically move to H1B status from Oct 1st.

If your cap subject H1B petition with COS from H4 to H1B gets approved before your travel outside US then you can enter US on a H4 visa before Oct 1st and automatically move to H1B status from Oct 1st.

How it automatically changes to H1 when that person re-entered US on H4 with new I94??

Archived