Two H1 Petition. One with H1 -COS from L1 and another H1 Consular petition

sushil5612

I am currently in USA working for company XXX in L1 and my I94 has been expired in Nov 2013 and currently filed L1 extension. I am still waiting for response for L1 extension.

This year company XXX has filed H1 consular petition for me and also my case got picked in lottery. Also for safer side I applied another H1 petition with COS from company YYY which is also got picked in lottery.

Now I got select one H1 and my preference is company XXX.

Could you please clarify below.

-- If h1 petition for company YYY will be approved first then my status will be changed from L1 to H1. Can I continue work with company XXX? Since I am waiting for H1 application.

-- If h1 petition for company XXX will be approved first and I do a COS with company XXX do I need to worry about h1 petition for company YYY?

-- H1 petition for compnay XXX current status is showing as below. Could you please tell me what it means?

"On April 24, 2014, your Alien Registration Number was changed relating to your I129, PETITION FOR A NONIMMIGRANT WORKER."

I am currently in USA working for company XXX in L1 and my I94 has been expired in Nov 2013 and currently filed L1 extension. I am still waiting for response for L1 extension.

This year company XXX has filed H1 consular petition for me and also my case got picked in lottery. Also for safer side I applied another H1 petition with COS from company YYY which is also got picked in lottery.

Now I got select one H1 and my preference is company XXX.

Could you please clarify below.

-- If h1 petition for company YYY will be approved first then my status will be changed from L1 to H1. Can I continue work with company XXX? Since I am waiting for H1 application.

-- If h1 petition for company XXX will be approved first and I do a COS with company XXX do I need to worry about h1 petition for company YYY?

-- H1 petition for compnay XXX current status is showing as below. Could you please tell me what it means?

"On April 24, 2014, your Alien Registration Number was changed relating to your I129, PETITION FOR A NONIMMIGRANT WORKER."

1. COS actually comes into effect from 1st Oct. From 1st Oct you need to stop working for XXX employer and move to YYY.

2. No need to worry.

Archived