Filing for a B1 visa while H1B processing is underway.

Anshul

Hi,

My current employer had filed an H1B for me earlier this year. As per the latest updates, the processing is underway (though no official confirmation on lottery status yet).

However, now they want to file a B1 visa and asking me to travel to the client location for a duration of around 3 to 4 weeks.

My concerns are:

1. Can a fresh B1 visa be filed for me while the H1B petition request is already in process? Will that have any impact on my H1B application?

2. In case my B1 visa gets rejected for some reason, will that have any impact on my H1B processing?

3. Is there any limitation on the use of H1B in case I would have travelled on B1 during the same year?

4. Finally, are there any other constraints or precautions that I should take and be aware of in this situation?

I do not want to compromize on my H1B processing at any cost. If there is even a remote chance of a B1 visa causing an impact to my H1B application, I would deny travelling on B1.

Looking forward to some expert help on this.

Regards,

Anshul Jain

Hi,

My current employer had filed an H1B for me earlier this year. As per the latest updates, the processing is underway (though no official confirmation on lottery status yet).

However, now they want to file a B1 visa and asking me to travel to the client location for a duration of around 3 to 4 weeks.

My concerns are:

1. Can a fresh B1 visa be filed for me while the H1B petition request is already in process? Will that have any impact on my H1B application?

2. In case my B1 visa gets rejected for some reason, will that have any impact on my H1B processing?

3. Is there any limitation on the use of H1B in case I would have travelled on B1 during the same year?

4. Finally, are there any other constraints or precautions that I should take and be aware of in this situation?

I do not want to compromize on my H1B processing at any cost. If there is even a remote chance of a B1 visa causing an impact to my H1B application, I would deny travelling on B1.

Looking forward to some expert help on this.

Regards,

Anshul Jain

1. Yes, it can be filed.

2. No.

3. No.

4. Be careful of what work you could do on B1 status.

Archived