Lost the original Approved I 539 copy

saip78

Dear All

Pl help me with your suggestions:

I had joined and school and applied for change of status to F1 and I received the approval from USCIS and unfortunately as the address mentioned on that is routed to school, USCIS had sent to school and the school president had informed me that he had posted to me the original copy to my home address but I did not receive the same. I am in dilemma whether he had really sent to my address or lost in transit.

I contacted the USCIS representative and she said me that I can request for duplicate copy with a fee of $401 dollars which I cant do it . But this is required to obtain the Drivers License.

Pl suggest me the way forward.

Thanks

Regards

Paul

Dear All

Pl help me with your suggestions:

I had joined and school and applied for change of status to F1 and I received the approval from USCIS and unfortunately as the address mentioned on that is routed to school, USCIS had sent to school and the school president had informed me that he had posted to me the original copy to my home address but I did not receive the same. I am in dilemma whether he had really sent to my address or lost in transit.

I contacted the USCIS representative and she said me that I can request for duplicate copy with a fee of $401 dollars which I cant do it . But this is required to obtain the Drivers License.

Pl suggest me the way forward.

Thanks

Regards

Paul

If you want a duplicate from USCIS then you would have to file an application and  pay the required fee.

Thanks for the reply.

Is there any way where I can call USCIS and request that I haven't received the copy , in reality I did not receive the original copy through mail. I anticipate that it was lost in postal delivery. Hence can I request USCIS to tell that I haven't received the mail , if so will they accept my response. pl advice.

Thanks for the reply.

Is there any way where I can call USCIS and request that I haven't received the copy , in reality I did not receive the original copy through mail. I anticipate that it was lost in postal delivery. Hence can I request USCIS to tell that I haven't received the mail , if so will they accept my response. pl advice.

You can try calling USCIS.

Archived