Are any changes needed to passport once Telangana is officially formed?

rkreddy46

Hi Folks,

I couldn't find a top level GENERAL section to post this question. Hence posting it here in H1b General.

History:

A new state, Telangana, is formed in India and I think the official date of formation is some time in June/July 2014. I am from one of the cities(not Hyderabad, since it is going to be a Union Territory) in Telangana.

Question:

With these changes back in India, what changes need to be done to my passport, H1B application( I am already on H1B visa, expires in 2016), and my GC process(Legal just started it). 

Thanks,

Rakesh

Hi Folks,

I couldn't find a top level GENERAL section to post this question. Hence posting it here in H1b General.

History:

A new state, Telangana, is formed in India and I think the official date of formation is some time in June/July 2014. I am from one of the cities(not Hyderabad, since it is going to be a Union Territory) in Telangana.

Question:

With these changes back in India, what changes need to be done to my passport, H1B application( I am already on H1B visa, expires in 2016), and my GC process(Legal just started it). 

Thanks,

Rakesh

Nothing.

It got nothing to do with your GC.

Coming to the PP, its been issued by your central govt not by the state.

Hi Folks,

History:

Question:

Thanks,

Rakesh

I was planning to post  this question 

I am from Hyderabad so should My passport be changed (from Andhra pradesh to Telangana) ?

Archived