Two h1b applications picked in the lottery.. what next?

Due to somewhat unforseen circumstances I am now in a situation where I have two h1b applications picked in the lottery. I did not want to be in this predicament but now that I am here, I am wondering how do I go about selecting 1 of them.

I know which company I want to join out of the two which applied for my H1. But what is the process to go about letting USCIS know that I want to use a particular H1 application (and possbily withdraw the other)?

Due to somewhat unforseen circumstances I am now in a situation where I have two h1b applications picked in the lottery. I did not want to be in this predicament but now that I am here, I am wondering how do I go about selecting 1 of them.

I know which company I want to join out of the two which applied for my H1. But what is the process to go about letting USCIS know that I want to use a particular H1 application (and possbily withdraw the other)?

Ask the employer with whom you do not intend to work to withdraw your application. The H1B fee would not be refunded and you might be liable for damages if you have signed any documents with that employer.

Their is NOTHING you can do now. Only an employer can withdraw the petition.

BTW why did you filed two H1 petitions?? And why are you regretting now??

• 3 weeks later...

Great ! Now some unlucky fellow loses a chance because of you. 

Archived