Gap between OPT denial and College application (F-1 Status)

Sway07

Hello,

I graduated on May 11, 2013. My OPT application was denied due to I-20 expiration and I received the denial notice on July 23rd, 2013. In order to stay in status, I made the necessary arrangements and applied to my second masters on Aug 12th, 2013. I received my acceptance letter on Aug 18th, 2013. My I-20 was issued to me on Oct 12th, 2013, however I did not face any problems at this point. But recently I was notified that my Sevis status is 'Complete', instead of 'Active'.

I would appreciate any feedback or suggestions on this matter.

Thank you,

Sway

Hello, I graduated on May 11, 2013. My OPT application was denied due to I-20 expiration and I received the denial notice on July 23rd, 2013. In order to stay in status, I made the necessary arrangements and applied to my second masters on Aug 12th, 2013. I received my acceptance letter on Aug 18th, 2013. My I-20 was issued to me on Oct 12th, 2013, however I did not face any problems at this point. But recently I was notified that my Sevis status is 'Complete', instead of 'Active'. I would appreciate any feedback or suggestions on this matter. Thank you, Sway

Looks like something went wrong.

What did your school DSO told to do??

The ISS head is taking responsibility to put together all the documents of proof of my continuing education.

It would be greatly appreciated if someone who has knowledge about this issue could share some ideas on how to deal with it. Do I need an attorney? Are the college officials the only ones who can help in this matter?

Archived