Did not receive OPT-EAD yet

SSMoon

Hello, Everyone!

I have applied for my OPT (first time) on March 3rd 2014. I got a letter from USCIS to provide previous I-20s which have the dates of CPT last week. I have already mailed them the I-20s and can see recently the case status online "request for evidence response review ". 

Any idea how long it might take to declare the decision?

My MBA course will be finished on May 12th 2014 as well as my CPT. I can not take further CPT as my course is done. I am working full-time in a reputed company through a consulting firm. So, my concern is that if I do not get the EAD card before May 12th, can I continue my job legally? What other options do I have?

If in case the I do not get the approval, what should be my next step to remain in status? I do not want to lose my job and go back to my country!

Lastly, I have taken 11 months part-time CPT and 4 months full-time CPT. Is there a chance not to get the OPT approved?

Hello, Everyone!

I have applied for my OPT (first time) on March 3rd 2014. I got a letter from USCIS to provide previous I-20s which have the dates of CPT last week. I have already mailed them the I-20s and can see recently the case status online "request for evidence response review ". 

Any idea how long it might take to declare the decision?

My MBA course will be finished on May 12th 2014 as well as my CPT. I can not take further CPT as my course is done. I am working full-time in a reputed company through a consulting firm. So, my concern is that if I do not get the EAD card before May 12th, can I continue my job legally? What other options do I have?

If in case the I do not get the approval, what should be my next step to remain in status? I do not want to lose my job and go back to my country!

Lastly, I have taken 11 months part-time CPT and 4 months full-time CPT. Is there a chance not to get the OPT approved?

Full time on CPT? Is that even allowed? Is your CPT an integral part of your curriculum?

If OPT denied you have two option. Move to dependent status based on your spouse's immigration status or else be prepared to leave the country.

I am working full-time in a reputed company through a consulting firm. So, my concern is that if I do not get the EAD card before May 12th, can I continue my job legally? What other options do I have?

You are FT employee of that consulting firm not for reputed company.

That depends on what kind of work you did in CPT.

But its clear that you have abused CPT to full extent. You were working as FTE on CPT for an consulting firm. That's complete abuse of CPT.

Archived