F1 Visa Renewel

battuji

Hi Folks,

I need your valuable suggestions regarding F1 visa extension. My Cousin is on F1 status since Jan 2013 and his visa will expire on Dec 2014. He is not able to finish his course work until May 2015. So, he is planning on applying for F1 extension( or new F1) based on the I-20(expiry date on I-20 is Aug 2016). The question here is, what all documents are required from University or professors to support his visa necessity. 

Please provide your suggestions if any one got F1 extension before. 

Thanks in advance.

Hi Folks,

I need your valuable suggestions regarding F1 visa extension. My Cousin is on F1 status since Jan 2013 and his visa will expire on Dec 2014. He is not able to finish his course work until May 2015. So, he is planning on applying for F1 extension( or new F1) based on the I-20(expiry date on I-20 is Aug 2016). The question here is, what all documents are required from University or professors to support his visa necessity. 

Thanks in advance.

Same list of documents that he provided during initial F1 visa interview.

Hi Folks,

Thanks in advance.

F1 Visas expires after a certain period, but  F1 Status does not expire as long as the student maintains legal status and abide by USCIS and university policies. If your cousin is in the US, your cousin does not require to apply for F1 extension. If your cousin's visa has been expired and is out of the US, then same list of documents are required. 

Archived