Got my tourist visa today after having overstayed as a minor, will I be in trouble by CBP when I arrive?

wazaberry

Got my tourist visa today after having overstayed as a minor, will I be in trouble by CBP when I arrive?

Asked 4 minutes ago - New York, NY

Hello,

I overstayed my B1/B2 visa 20 years ago in 1994 when I was a minor (16 years old). I overstayed to complete my high school degree at NY. CBP gave me 3 months and I overstayed an additional 9 months. I left voluntarily back home when I was 17 and had no issues at the airport when leaving. Now I have applied for B1/B2 visa today from home and mentioned in my DS-160 that I did visit the US in 1994 but did not mention in (Security Background) section that I overstayed. The consular officer didn't bring it up either. 

1- So,will I be in trouble when I arrive at the airport? 

2- If the embassy didn't raise the issue, does it mean that CBP won't? 

3- How should I respond to questions posed by CBP? 

4- Should I take any documents with me when travelling to cover the overstayed period? 

5- Can I be denied entry by CBP upon arrival? 

Thank

Overstays by a minor are forgiven. However, lying is not.  The truth is the only correct response to a question by an immigration officer.

You can always be denied entry even with a valid visa. It is doubtful that the overstay as a minor will be a factor in any decision on your entry. The reason for your current visit is a bigger issue in any entry decision.

Archived