J1 visa number

damien2227

Hello

I am filling out a I 485 form and I am asked to provide my visa number, visa which happens to be a J1 visa. I read everywhere that that number is 8 digits and in red on the visa. I can identify it, but the first 2 digits are burried into the text : 212 (E). Now, although I can identify the second digit, I am not sure at all about the 1st one, which I would bet is an E. My case is very similar to this picture : http://spirooo.files.wordpress.com/2011/08/visa.jpg
As you can see, her first 'number' seems to be the letter E after all, if you zoom on it.

My question, therefore, is to know if J1 visa can be issued with the first 'number' being actually the letter E (followed by 7 digits). I could not see any mention of that on the net.

Thank you for your help!

Hello

I am filling out a I 485 form and I am asked to provide my visa number, visa which happens to be a J1 visa. I read everywhere that that number is 8 digits and in red on the visa. I can identify it, but the first 2 digits are burried into the text : 212 (E). Now, although I can identify the second digit, I am not sure at all about the 1st one, which I would bet is an E. My case is very similar to this picture : http://spirooo.files.wordpress.com/2011/08/visa.jpg

As you can see, her first 'number' seems to be the letter E after all, if you zoom on it.

My question, therefore, is to know if J1 visa can be issued with the first 'number' being actually the letter E (followed by 7 digits). I could not see any mention of that on the net.

Thank you for your help!

Hey, I am filing I-485 too!!! My J1 visa starts with E. You filling via EB1 or EB2?

Hello!

Thank you for the reply. Good to know that yours starts with an E too. I checked with other people who told me that that could happen, so I am going to go ahead and write down the number with the letter E!

I am applying through marriage.

Good luck with your application!

Hello!

Thank you for the reply. Good to know that yours starts with an E too. I checked with other people who told me that that could happen, so I am going to go ahead and write down the number with the letter E!

I am applying through marriage.

Good luck with your application!

Thanks for the kind wished......good luck for your application too!!!!

Archived