L1B and fresh H1B in cap subject

edmunds8

Hi, My stay in US in L1B: Jul 2008 - Jun 2011. Then went back to India and came back after 8 months with 2011 H1B cap subject. This is not L1B to H1B conversion. My current H1B Visa is expiring in Oct 2014. Question is, Can i go for an extension now? And How long i can stay in US with my current H1B?

Hi, My stay in US in L1B: Jul 2008 - Jun 2011. Then went back to India and came back after 8 months with 2011 H1B cap subject. This is not L1B to H1B conversion. My current H1B Visa is expiring in Oct 2014. Question is, Can i go for an extension now? And How long i can stay in US with my current H1B?

Yes, you can.

If ext is not filed before exp date then you have leave when your H1 expires. But you can stay in US if your H1 is under process though your current H1 is expired.

You are eligible for 6 years - time already spent in US on L1B and H1B.

Archived