Best time to go for stamping after H1B extension?

Chris2013

Hi,

I got my 7th year H1B extension for 3 years in mid-March 2014.

The approved extension is good from June 2014 to June 2017. Currently, I am on valid previous extension till June 2014.

I am planning to go to stamping in Mexico.

As I got my extension approved in March 2014, do I need to wait for couple of months to reflect my approved extension details in all US consulate servers? Some friends mentioned that, even though I have approved extension, sometimes it takes time (2 to 3 months) to reflect the details in the consulates. If I go early for Stamping, the VO may ask to wait for couple days to check the details before issuing the visa.

Is that true?

Kris

Hi,

I got my 7th year H1B extension for 3 years in mid-March 2014.

The approved extension is good from June 2014 to June 2017. Currently, I am on valid previous extension till June 2014.

I am planning to go to stamping in Mexico.

As I got my extension approved in March 2014, do I need to wait for couple of months to reflect my approved extension details in all US consulate servers? Some friends mentioned that, even though I have approved extension, sometimes it takes time (2 to 3 months) to reflect the details in the consulates. If I go early for Stamping, the VO may ask to wait for couple days to check the details before issuing the visa.

Is that true?

Kris

You can go anytime.

Archived