Failed to sign I-20 in OPT packet

fizi

If I fail to sign the I-20 copy thats sent to USCIS. Will the USCIS reject it and in that case would I send in a new OPT application or can i appeal the current on. The reason I ask is this is in the worst case scenario, lets say the USCIS rejects the application in 3 months so the 60 day period after graduation is already gone and I cannot file a new OPT.  

I know its a hypothetical question but I am second guessing everything nowadays. Any insight will be greatly appreciated.

If I fail to sign the I-20 copy thats sent to USCIS. Will the USCIS reject it and in that case would I send in a new OPT application or can i appeal the current on. The reason I ask is this is in the worst case scenario, lets say the USCIS rejects the application in 3 months so the 60 day period after graduation is already gone and I cannot file a new OPT.  

I know its a hypothetical question but I am second guessing everything nowadays. Any insight will be greatly appreciated.

It will be rejected or sent back as the application is incomplete.

Hi. Thanks for your response. Will they take their sweet time in rejecting it or will it be done outright. What I mean is if the application has been with them for a month can I assume it was signed.

They will take their normal processing time. Don't assume. Check with your DSO about what to be done.

Archived