H1B petition pending - Travel to India

bravo08

Hi,

I am currently on F-1 visa status and doing my second Master's. I have full time work authorization from my school. My employer had filed my H1B petition under Master's( Regular processing) quota for this year(FY 2015). My application has been picked up in lottery. I have a family emergency and need to go to INDIA for 4-5 months. I have a couple of questions...

1) can i leave USA now and go to India and come back in the month of October 2014?

2) If i leave USA now, will my H1B application be affected?

3) if my H1B is approved while I am in India, can i go for stamping in India and come back in Oct 2014?

4) Since I have to leave, I have to end my studies at  current school (i.e terminate SEVIS) and will this affect my H1B application?

Thanks.

Hi,

I am currently on F-1 visa status and doing my second Master's. I have full time work authorization from my school. My employer had filed my H1B petition under Master's( Regular processing) quota for this year(FY 2015). My application has been picked up in lottery. I have a family emergency and need to go to INDIA for 4-5 months. I have a couple of questions...

1) can i leave USA now and go to India and come back in the month of October 2014?

3) if my H1B is approved while I am in India, can i go for stamping in India and come back in Oct 2014?

4) Since I have to leave, I have to end my studies at  current school (i.e terminate SEVIS) and will this affect my H1B application?

Thanks.

1. Yes.

2. Only COS part gets considered as abandoned.

3. Yes.

4. No.

I am currently on F-1 visa status and doing my second Master's. I have full time work authorization from my school.

what work authorization is that??

1. Yes you can.

2. No it won't

3. Yes you can

4. I think it won't.

Archived